Title: Accreditation Coordinator, New Dawn Enterprises
New Dawn Enterprises Limited is the oldest Community Development Corporation in Canada. It is a private, volunteer directed business dedicated to community building. New Dawn seeks to identify community needs and to establish and operate ventures that speak to those needs.
New Dawn Enterprises is currently seeking an individual to fill a part-time, six month term to assist with Accreditation Canada certification requirements and activities.
Reporting directly to the Director of the Healthcare Division, the Accreditation Coordinator is responsible for supporting the management team throughout the Accreditation Canada process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and planning meetings with internal Accreditation team to manage project tasks and deadlines.
- Managing and maintaining all required Accreditation files and documentation.
- Leading the development, implementation and evaluation of client-centered policies and procedures (Quality Improvement Plan, Risk Management Plan, Falls Prevention Plan, Client Safety Plan etc).
- Conducting onsite inspections and surveys to ensure policies and procedures are being met and followed.
- Assisting in developing, implementing and evaluating staff education and training programs related to new policy development;
- Assisting in developing/implementing client and staff engagement activities.
- Identifying project specific training for the Accreditation process for appropriate personnel.
- Managing and maintaining Accreditation database, which includes ensuring all necessary documentation, is uploaded.
- Assisting in ensuring all departments are following proper Accreditation Procedures.
- Ensuring the companies are fully up to code with the policies outlined from Accreditation Canada.
- Remaining up to date on any and all policy and procedure changes from Accreditation Canada
- Client Focus
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Experience working with Accreditation Canada;
- Post-secondary education in business or healthcare;
- Compassion, empathy and experience working with and advocating for seniors;
- Clear criminal record check;
- Experience developing various safety programs including areas such as Infection Prevention and Control, Risk Management, Emergency Preparedness, Quality Improvement, Falls Prevention etc.
- Professional manner, ability to ensure client confidentiality and be non-judgemental;
- Above average organizational skills;
- Must be able to work independently, as well as under supervision;
- Skills in office work and computer proficiency;
- Must be willing to adhere to the principles of confidentiality and to comply with all mandated training and ethical guidelines.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
- English fluency, excellent team player, punctual, reliable and professional
Conditions of employment:
- Workplace: 106 Townsend Street, Sydney, NS
- Status: Part-time position (20 hours per week), six month term
- Salary: Competitive compensation based on the candidate’s experience and knowledge
- Start of employment: As soon as possible
Please submit your cover letter and resume quoting #AC0429-CB by 4pm on Friday, May 20 2016:
New Dawn Homecare
Attn: Director, Healthcare Division
106 Townsend Street
PO Box 1055
Sydney, NS B1P 6J7
Fax: (902) 270-8084
We thank all applicants, but we will only contact those selected for an interview.
To learn more about New Dawn Enterprises, visit www.newdawn.ca