New Dawn is seeking a Campaign Officer for an 18-month capital campaign.
Under the supervision of the Campaign Director, the Campaign Officer provides support to the Campaign Director for the planning, organization, and implementation of the capital campaign. The Campaign Officer is further responsible for supporting the prospect research and information needs of the Campaign.
The Campaign Officer will receive significant on-the-job training and coaching in additional to structured professional development in fundraising and the fund development field.
New Dawn is looking for someone with an understanding of and commitment to the mission and vision of New Dawn (community self-reliance, vibrancy and prosperity), a desire to learn and grow, comfort with the tasks and requirements of donor relations, requests, and stewardship, and a clear desire to take on more responsibility for organizational fundraising, donor stewardship, and future fund development at the close of the capital campaign.
After a two-year mentorship/learning phase under the Campaign Director, the Campaign Officer will take over responsibility for the funds and relationships established by the Campaign Director. Salary and benefits will be adjusted at this time with the assumption of greater responsibility. Duties include:
- Provide support to the Campaign Director, including travel and meeting coordination, database input and report generation, meeting accompaniment, debrief, and background materials prep;
- Assist Campaign Director with donor correspondence and gift acknowledgements, special mailings, preparation of donor packets and proposals, and creation of reports and presentations;
- Assist the Campaign Director in facilitating Campaign Committee meetings, including date and location scheduling, attendance, agenda and materials preparation, and taking meeting minutes;
- As directed by the Campaign Director, support the fundraising activities of Campaign Committee members by providing clerical, record-keeping, and other supports as needed;
- With the Campaign Director, assist in the communications and execution of community outreach;
- Under the guidance of the Campaign Director, conduct prospect research in support of campaign
- Maintain database to reflect the written results of directed prospect research;
- Other campaign support tasks as assigned by the Campaign Director.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Very good judgement and integrity
- Capability for detailed and precise work
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Minimum two-years administrative (or comparable) experience
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze, and synthesize information from varied sources
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (writing samples may be requested)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and with social media
- Strong commitment to the mission of New Dawn
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fundraising experience.
- Experience with donor (or other) databases.
- Accurate and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to connect, build and maintain a broad range of relationships.
- Proactive self-starter requiring minimal supervision, but also works well on team.
- Public relations (or comparable) degree.
- Comfort in making public presentations.
- Regularly sits at a desk or computer workstation.
- Frequently moves about the office to collaborate with colleagues.
- Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities.
- Periodic travel, predominately within Cape Breton.
- May walk on uneven ground while working off-site.
- Starting salary of $40,000/year
- Medical, dental and pension benefits
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible work environment
About New Dawn Enterprises
New Dawn Enterprises Limited is the oldest Community Development Corporation in Canada. New Dawn is a private, volunteer-directed social enterprise dedicated to community building. It seeks to identify community needs and to establish and operate ventures that speak to those needs.
Its mission is to engage the community to create and support a culture of self-reliance. Its vision is a self-reliant people living in a vibrant community. New Dawn articulates this mission through several businesses, organizations, and partnerships.
Among its businesses and activities are New Dawn Health Care, New Dawn Real Estate, New Dawn Community Engagement and Education, New Dawn Meals on Wheels, the Cape Breton Island Centre for Immigration, and the New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation.
Posting closes: Friday April 6th 2018 at 5:00pm.
Applications should be sent to:
Erika Shea, VP Development, New Dawn Enterprises