New Dawn Enterprises Limited is the oldest Community Development Corporation in Canada. It is a private, volunteer directed business dedicated to community building. New Dawn seeks to identify community needs and to establish and operate ventures that speak to those needs.
New Dawn Enterprises is currently seeking a passionate, experienced and professional fundraiser to fill a one year, full-time, contract as a Fund Development Coordinator. He/she will develop and implement fundraising programs and initiatives in support of our charitable entities within the organization including the Meals on Wheels program and the New Dawn Foundation.
The Fund Development Coordinator will support the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising that will include annual fund activities, a major gifts program, a monthly donor program, a grant writing program and a planned giving/in-memoriam program. The Fund Development Coordinator will also develop and implement a stewardship program to advance and strengthen activities for donor.
- In conjunction with the VP of Development and the VP of Operations, prepare an annual fundraising and stewardship plan including strategies for meeting the fundraising goals of the organization.
- Develop, execute and evaluate all fundraising campaign and giving programs.
- Identify and solicit new corporate and foundation partners that align with New Dawn’s core values and strategic priorities.
- Plan and implement a donor stewardship and communication strategy.
- Develop and recommend procedures to achieve optimal recognition for donors and prospects along with leading the development of an annual donor report.
- Direct and advise on the work of fund development volunteers.
- Meet and/or exceed annual revenue targets and manage budgets.
- Develop proposals, briefing notes, case statements, presentations, progress reports and other documents/materials in support of the cultivation and solicitation of donors and prospects.
- Prepare gift agreements and acknowledgements.
- Develop and grow on-line engagement through a social media strategy.
- Coordinate, design, print and distribute marketing and communication materials for development efforts.
- Lead the development of a donor and volunteer database.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisors.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Very good judgement and integrity
- Capability for detailed and precise work
- University degree or college diploma with specialization in Fundraising, Public Relations or related field combined with a minimum of five (5) years directly related experience in fund development, communications, or public relations.
- CFRE designation considered an asset.
- Knowledge and skill in fundraising management with a proven track record of fundraising success.
- Experience in developing/implementing various fundraising initiatives including monthly giving, in-memorium/planned giving, capital campaigns, endowment funds etc.
- Ability to connect, build and maintain a broad range of relationships.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and oral skills.
- Experience utilizing donor databases.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your cover letter and resume by Wednesday, January 17th to:
New Dawn Enterprises
Attn: VP Operations
PO Box 1055
Sydney, NS B1P 6J7
Fax: (902) 270-8084
About New Dawn Enterprises:
New Dawn Enterprises Limited is the oldest Community Development Corporation in Canada. New Dawn is a private, volunteer-directed social enterprise dedicated to community building. It seeks to identify community needs and to establish and operate ventures that speak to those needs. Its mission is to engage the community to create and support a culture of self-reliance. Its vision is a self-reliant people living in a vibrant community. New Dawn articulates this mission through a number of businesses, organizations, and partnerships.
Among its businesses and activities are New Dawn Health Care, New Dawn Real Estate, New Dawn Community Engagement and Education, New Dawn Meals on Wheels, the Cape Breton Island Centre for Immigration, and the New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation.