New Dawn Enterprises Limited is the oldest Community Development Corporation in Canada. It is a private, volunteer directed business dedicated to community building. New Dawn seeks to identify community needs and to establish and operate ventures that speak to those needs.
New Dawn Enterprises is currently seeking a passionate, experienced and professional leader to fill the position of Manager of our rapidly growing New Dawn Homecare company. This challenging and highly visible position offers you a career opportunity that shall impact the lives of our clients, their families and our employees. The Manager will report to the Director of the Healthcare Division, New Dawn Enterprises.
As the leader of New Dawn Homecare, you will be directly responsible for the health and performance of the company, the success of its operations, and strategic planning. You will also lead and promote a culture of safety and a philosophy of client-and-family centered care.
In joining our homecare agency, you will assume full accountability for the health and performance of our employees who provide exceptional services for our clients and families. You will create a positive climate in which each employee feels highly valued, engaged and recognized.
Leading with compassion, integrity and excellence, you will expand our profitable homecare agency within the various home healthcare markets in Cape Breton County and eventually throughout all of Cape Breton Island.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Implementing and evaluating both short and long-term tactical and strategic plans in accordance with business goals and objectives.
- Providing direct support to office and front-line staff to ensure a consistent high quality of client service with minimal interruptions.
- Coordinating all human resources requirements for New Dawn Homecare.
- Pursuing a vision of excellence in high-quality and safe client care and overall client well-being.
- Staying up to date with external and internal developments in the environment for identifying new market segments for New Dawn Homecare.
- On behalf of New Dawn Homecare, leading all accreditation activities, participate as a member of the internal accreditation team and ensure compliance to maintain accreditation status.
- Assisting in developing budgets and controls; evaluating performance and profitability goals.
- Monitoring service metrics to ensure proper levels of efficiency in the management of service volume.
- Regularly report to the Director of the Healthcare Division on the company’s status against, and ability to meet, its operational objectives.
- Promoting organizational and individual success through ongoing support, encouragement, empowerment, and effective teamwork to enhance staff loyalty and productivity.
- Promoting the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally, as well as overseeing the adherence to values, mission and ethical standards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of the Healthcare Division of New Dawn Enterprises.
- Client Focused
- Accountability and Dependability
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Results Focused
- Ethics and Integrity
- Five to seven years’ experience in a management/leadership role
- Experience working in a healthcare setting would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or other related field
- Experience in management of an employee occupational health and safety program
- Experience in budget development, strategic planning and financial management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude
- Organizational and time management capabilities
- Demonstrated skill in developing and mentoring staff by providing effective supervision, oversight, training and collaboration to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and leadership skills
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Must possess the ability to drive results and have a proven track record of taking ownership of a team.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Must understand that client care is the focal point for success.
New Dawn Enterprises offers a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, May 19th to:
New Dawn Enterprises
Attn: Director, Healthcare Division
PO Box 1055
Sydney, NS B1P 6J7
Fax: (902) 539-7210
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
New Dawn Homecare: As Cape Breton Island’s largest private Homecare provider, New Dawn Homecare provides a full range of support services in the comfort and convenience of client homes and in local hospitals: 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. During visits, New Dawn Homecare assists with: personal care, housekeeping, grocery shopping, meal preparation, transportation to appointments, respite and companionship, basic/advanced and diabetic foot care and in-hospital patient care.
In 2017, New Dawn Homecare became accredited with Accreditation Canada. Accreditation Canada is a national organization that sets standards for quality and safety in healthcare and accredits healthcare organizations based on how well they meet those standards. The accreditation program is recognized as best in class internationally and is designed to improve client outcomes and health system performance.
To learn more about New Dawn Enterprises, visit www.newdawn.ca