The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the President, Senior Management, Management, and through the President to the Board of Directors.
Duties include but are not limited to attending to the New Dawn/New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation reception desk, arranging travel plans, meeting minute-taking and distribution, scheduling appointments, and drafting internal and external correspondence. The Executive Assistant must maintain confidentiality and professional interactions with employees, management, clients and tenants, and the community.
The Executive Assistant also provides administrative support as required to various New Dawn Managers, oversees the organization’s fundraising software system (Donor Perfect), and inputs information into the organization’s property management system (Domum Link). Other duties may be assigned as necessary by the Chief Executive Officer and/or the Vice President of Operations.
The New Dawn Centre
37 Nepean Street, Sydney
Vice President of Operations and President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Permanent, Part-Time (25 hours/week)
- Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. EXECUTIVE OFFICE:
- Provide administrative and office management support to the President/CEO.
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for senior management, President/CEO, and Board members as required.
- Assist in coordination of logistics of special events and meetings including Board meetings, Annual General Meeting, the annual Board retreat, and others as required.
- Review (and on occasions develop) documents, reports and correspondence prepared for Chief Executive Officer/President for format, content, grammar, spelling, make edits as necessary and distribute as instructed to stakeholders (staff, board members).
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer/President preparation of board meeting agendas and supporting materials for distribution. Also, transcribe and compile board (and other as required) meeting minutes.
2. NEW DAWN and NEW DAWN CENTRE FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION:
- Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, emails, or visitors and direct appropriately(both New Dawn and the New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation).
- Receive and distribute incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries (both New Dawn and the New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation); collect New Dawn mail from Sydney post office and mail letters and packages as needed at post office.
- Manage boardroom bookings calendar for New Dawn staff in the NDCSI facility. Coordinate requests for room set-up and/or equipment requirements with Facility Manager.
- Purchase, receive, and store office supplies for senior management and the front desk.
- Assist with financial management activities including preparation of bank deposits, and reception desk petty cash.
- Provide a positive and professional experience to visitors, suppliers, and other persons.
3. SUPPORT TO NEW DAWN MANAGERS:
- Printing and laminating of New Dawn Homecare, New Dawn Properties, and New Dawn Meals on Wheels identification badges.
- On behalf of the Property Management division, receive tenant rental payments and issue receipts. Code and file material/documents according to established guidelines.
- Domun Link for Properties Division: intake all tenant work orders (inbound phone calls, emails, visitors) and input pertinent information into the Domun Link database and distribute work orders to the appropriate personnel.
- Donor Perfect for Fundraising Division: Data entry of all donor information and gifts made to all New Dawn charitable organizations (i.e., Foundation, Meals on Wheels, The Convent, etc.) and distribution of thank you letters and receipts in a timely fashion. Set-up and manage integrity of the data in the software and print reports as requested.
- On behalf of The Convent: receiving requests for bookings, coordinating requests with Convent Manager, entering confirmed bookings and pertinent event details into shared events calendar.
Depending on the skills of the successful applicant, other responsibilities may include:
- Event space management and promotion.
- Marketing and communications assistance.
- Project research and writing.
Details to be determined with the successful candidate. Applicants with experience in any of these areas are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Respond to the needs of others through effective communication, mutual respect, and consistent follow-through in order to generate trust and enhance personal effectiveness.
- Promote the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally.
- Other duties as required.
- Time Management
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- 3-4 years of experience in an office setting.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and works well under pressure.
- Able to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in the use of office equipment (computer, voicemail, fax, photocopier, binding machine).
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Adheres to the principles of confidentiality and complies with all training and ethical guidelines.
- Values working in a collaborative environment.
- Post-secondary Diploma in business, computers, or office management.
- Event management, marketing and communications, and/or research and writing experience
- Interacts with employees, management, and the public at large in an office setting.
- Overtime may be required.
- Environment can be noisy at times.
- Repetitive Work.
- Working alone.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, January 29th, 2021 at 4:00 pm to:
New Dawn Enterprises
Attn: Vice President of Operations
P.O. Box 1055, Sydney
Nova Scotia B1P 6J7
Email: [email protected]
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About New Dawn Enterprises:
New Dawn Enterprises Limited is the oldest Community Development Corporation in Canada. New Dawn is a private, volunteer-directed social enterprise dedicated to community building. We seek to identify community needs and to establish and operate ventures that speak to those needs. Our mission is to engage the community to create and support a culture of self-reliance. Our vision is a self-reliant people living in a vibrant community. New Dawn articulates this mission through a number of businesses, organizations, and partnerships. Among our businesses and activities are New Dawn Homecare, New Dawn Guest Home, New Dawn Home Living, New Dawn Properties, New Dawn Community Engagement and Education, New Dawn Meals on Wheels, A Better Bite Community Kitchen/Café, The Convent Centre for the Arts, the Cape Breton Island Centre for Immigration, and the New Dawn Centre for Social Innovation.